Thursday, October 13, 2011

Into the Jungle...

...I went a week ago a little wary of what was going to happen. But then it was more fun and civilized then I thought that it would be. I tiled classrooms, grouted, worked in a garden, played with children, and played uno a whole lot. And we were in the middle of the jungle. :) I think that is the best part is that in the middle of the jungle where we were showering in rivers and doing laundry in the river, I was expecting to have to go to the bathroom in a hole in the ground but nope. It turns out there are western toilets :) I think though that that was some of the most fund and hard working days I have had in my trip, let alone my life. I think that the fact was that I enjoyed the work. Yesterday we saw the newborn puppies of one of the dogs and they were so small and cute and the mother was very scared if you took one of her babies to far, but then she would just sit on them when she got to the corner where the puppies were :) had to rescue the puppies from mommas big but!:D Anyways the week was also accompanied by about 16 or 17 YWAM students (Youth with a Mission) and it was fun to hear what they had to say about their stories and how they came to the grace of god and it was a very fun experience. Well go to go need to fall asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment